Conrad Wood is an independent consultant for Information Technology and Telecommunications.
Most clients are startups and small to medium sized businesses (10-300 employees) in UK and Germany.
Focus is on finding new ways to use technology and invent new ways of doing 'something'. (Which is way I often work with startups, and why I enjoy doing so)
First consultation is entirely free of charge - no catch.
Contact: +44 (0) 207 099 4804 / +49 (0) 30 51 300 021
Click here for an email form: Email
- Approximately 30 years programming computers
- Approximately 20 years building commercial network infrastructure solutions
- Approximately 15 years project management, team & supplier organisation
- Approximately 10 years on VoIP telecoms solutions
- Five Startups in a leading management position
- Debian GNU/Linux, Kernel, OpenBSD, Firewalls
- OpenBSD, Firewalls
- Emailsystems (exim/courier/Spamassassin and others)
- Samba, Bind, dhcp, squid proxy
- VPN: OpenVPN and IPSec (no license cost)
- Novell Netware (certified CNE for NDS)
- Asterisk VoIP Telephone system
- QoS implementation
- Backup phone systems, hot-standby, automatic switching
- Supplier Management
- Analysis of network traffic (wireshark/tcpdump)
- Routing analysis and configuration
- Network management advice and monitoring
- Development in: Java JEE, Jboss, Perl, Python.
- Distributed Applications: Client/Server SQL Databases (hibernate, php, swing etc...)
- HP / Compaq
- Misc.: Dlink, netgear, draytek etc...
Downloads (Open-Source projects)
A (read-only) caching fuse filesystem "lfcache" here
rtmpdump patch to support sock4 "authentication":
If you want to use rtmpdump with socks4 authentication, for example, for get_iplayer to view BBC programmmes, then here is a patch to add authentication to rtmpdump.
Download Redmine CLI
little CLI tool and library to use redmine in scripts and automation processes
Profitbricks API Java CLI & Library
java bindings for profitbricks soap api - NOT supported by profitbricks
The java api is a simplified and unified encapsulation of the profitbricks SOAP api.
the javadoc can be found
Download partgrow source
partgrow source code - tool to automatically extend last partition on disk
This tool automatically (i.e. unattendedly) extends the last partition on a disk to its maximum size.
Because I often work with virtual machines which are created from a disk image.
The disk is resized, but the partition table of the image needs to be adjusted on first boot.
I was fed up doing this by hand each time a machine boots...
And many other opensource libraries and tools I accumulated over the years but which don't have a nice description in html...